Have you decided to hire a home remodeling contractor to upgrade your kitchen, yet you’re unsure of the questions you should keep in mind throughout the process?
Luckily for you, we’ve provided a short list below of what to consider when remodeling a kitchen:
- How much are you willing to pay for high-quality cabinetry?
- Your cabinetry will be exposed to a lot of moisture and smoke over the years, and it will need to stand the test of time.
- Are you willing to pull from the appliances budget to enhance other parts of the kitchen?
- Choose appliances that will create value in your life, rather than ones that are merely aesthetically pleasing.
- Do you want extra space, or are you content with less?
- What sort of appliances do you want, and how much space will they require?
- Do you need a high-end cooking stove that they use at restaurants, or would you be happy with something a little more reasonably priced?
- Do you need a second sink for a second person to prep food, wash hands for dinner, etc.
- Will you get much use out of a wine fridge?
- What sort of lighting system would you like?
- Large windows,
- Recessed lighting,
- Dimmer switches,
- Lighting under the cabinets,
- What will the current layout allow us to do in this space?
- Do additional water lines need to be put in?
- Do you need a new range hood, and are the vents / ducts currently placed where the new stove will go?
- Do heating and air conditioning lines need to be re-routed?
- Does everything in your vision have a functional purpose?
- It’s important to consider how you are utilizing every inch of space available, from where the pots and pans will go to having the dishwasher placed in a standard sized cubby between cabinetry.
- Have you viewed the contractor’s previous work, and are you satisfied with it?
- It’s important to do your research to ensure that you’re receiving the best service at the best price, which is our mission at DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen.
There are many more things to consider when remodeling a kitchen, yet this list is certainly a great place to start. If you’d like to learn more, contact DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen
today to schedule a free consultation so that we may discuss all of the necessary considerations for you to have the kitchen of your dreams!