SELECTING YOUR PROJECT (continued) …
The following will help you consider necessary steps before going through the process of remodeling the following rooms/areas of your home,
Recreation rooms, once relegated to the basement, now serve a variety of special interests. Their function and design have become highly sophisticated. Some homeowners are spending more time at home enjoying their own music rooms, home theaters, exercise rooms, and libraries.
Closets and Storage
When you assess your need for storage, look beyond closets. Every room in your home (and the outside as well) has the potential to deliver much-needed organization and structure. Stop for a moment and list all of the things in your home that you store, collect, and arrange. Otherwise, you could be missing opportunities to create order out of clutter.
Listed alphabetically below are some of the household and personal items for which you may need storage.
- Camera equipment
- Cleaning equipment and supplies
- Clothes (including off-season storage, shoes
- Computer equipment and supplies
- Cooking supplies (spices, dry goods, pots and pans)
- DVDs, CDs, videos, and other collections
- Dishes and glassware
- Electronic equipment
- Fabric and sewing supplies
- Hobby equipment and supplies
- Jewelry and other accessories
- Laundry supplies
- Outerwear (coats, jackets, boots, hats, gloves)
- Records, personal and household
- Sporting goods (bikes, skates, tennis racquets)
- Towels, washcloths, sheets, pillowcases, and other linens
- Toys (including electronic games)