WHAT TO LOOK FOR
What do I look for in a professional remodeler?
When you hire a remodeler, you are buying a service rather than a product. The quality of the remodeler’s service will show the quality of the finished product and your satisfaction with it.
If you are interviewing more than one remodeler, make a decision based on professionalism, not price.
A professional remodeler will:
- Save you money by doing your job right the first time.
- Ensure that your dreams are accurately translated into reality by offering design services in-house or through an arrangement with a professional architect or designer.
- Understand that your comfort during the project and its successful completion depend on effective communication with your remodeler.
- Maintain a safe and reasonably neat jobsite to prevent damage to your home or injury to household members and pets.
- Provide the best possible materials within your budget.
- Ensure your job meets or exceeds applicable building codes and regulations.
- Guarantee the quality of the work with a warranty.
- Respond promptly to service calls and inquiries.