A: Technology resources in a home are becoming a necessity, just like a refrigerator and stove it’s hard to live without them. Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association (CEDIA) offers some Electronic Tips for your home environment.
- Wire for everything now…even wireless – If you are building or remodeling a home, start with a plan for future wiring needs. Wire is necessary to support wireless applications.
- Insist on integrated systems – Make sure the electronic equipment you are buying can be hooked up together and operated with one, easy to use control system. Systems that communicate simplify your life and offer peace of mind by “watching” over your home.
- Buy an experience, not a box – Find an electronic systems contractor that allows you to test drive the entire system or at least experience the thrill of a high performance system. Few people have the time to research and evaluate all the hardware choices. It’s smarter to focus on the end result and make your choices based upon overall performance and value.
- Increase your expectations – Your home electronics system is a big investment and you deserve to be satisfied with it. Professionals will provide you with extensive options, comprehensive designs, complete installation and especially, in-home service for your systems.
- Ensure the experts work together for you – Maximize your home’s electronic systems capabilities by having your architect, builder or remodeler, and interior designer collaborate and partner with an electronic systems contractor from the beginning of the planning process.
- Consult a professional – Today’s integrated electronic systems grow, evolve and change over time, constantly adding entertainment, comfort and security features. Select an electronic systems contractor you can trust and who will support your electronic integration needs for years. Having a long-term relationship with one professional will maximize the reliability and enjoyment of your home’s electronic systems.